1. When does your alarm go off?
2. What is your job?
3. Typical day?
Drop my daughter off at school, run some errands then spend the day working on my beauty business.
4. What outfit do you wear to feel your most confident?
Would have to be a pair of ripped blue jeans that fit like a glove, a black top with heels and tons of gold jewellery!
5. Thoughts on following trends?
I think it’s great to have nods of current trends running through your wardrobe each season to keep it looking fresh, as long as you’re putting your own stamp on it.
6. Describe your personal style
I like to think it’s a mix of Rosie Huntingdon Whiteley’s ‘cool Brit girl in LA’ vibe / off-duty Kendall Jenner / Pixie Lott’s cute kitsch holiday style but in reality it’s mostly whatever’s left on the wardrobe floor from the day before!
7. Favourite Joy piece
Either the pink Marin scallop hem dress or the Sirin vintage floral dress.
8. Do you prefer summer or winter for style?
Although I’m a summer baby, I much prefer the fashion when it gets colder.
9. What brings you Joy?
Hearing my husband reading our daughter her bedtime story.
10. How do you treat yourself?
A lie in, a good coffee and a child-free shopping spree.
11. Favourite thing to do in Nottingham?
Get the girls together & go for cocktails at Coco Tang & a dance at Be at One!
12. If you could give everyone one piece of advice what would it be?
Consistency is key. Small actions each day can mount up to something big for your future. And be kind to yourself!
13. What piece of clothing do you feel incomplete without?
14. Have you got any holidays coming up? And what item of clothing screams ‘summer holiday’ to you?
We’re heading to Sandbanks in June and the first thing I’ll pack is my white linen button front dress, it’s the perfect summer piece.
15. What book would you recommend most to others?
‘Sapiens’ by Yuval Noah Harari
16. What made you get into the blogging/social media game?
I’m a very creative person and found Instagram to be one of very few outlets I can express myself creatively as an adult.
17. What are you good at?
I consider myself a pretty good cook!
18. What are you bad at?
I’m such a procrastinator and I hate it.
19. What do you think the future of fashion will be?
Hopefully sustainable, with more people really getting the most of their wardrobes & less of a ‘wear once for Instagram and throw it’ attitude.
20. Most memorable outfit you’ve ever worn?
A cheetah sweat top and jeans that I wore when I got married in NYC.
21. Black or pink?
22. A dress or trousers?
23. Neutrals or colourful brights?
24. Pattern or plain?
A huge thank you to Jessica for taking part in our blogger takeover! Check back next week for another instalment of 'Behind The Blog'.
love, Joy x